Accessing Samba Shares from Windows 7 RC1
I had a problem accessing our FreeNAS box this morning (as did fellow colleagues) after updating to RC1. The fix is quick, and restored access immediately (no reboot required)
- Fire up “Secpol.msc”
- Expand "Local Policies" and select "Security Options"
- Locate "Network Security: LAN Manager Authentication Level" in the list and double-click it.
- Change the setting from "Send NTMLv2 response only" to "Send LM & NTLM – use NTLMv2 session if negotiated"
- Network Security: Minimum session security for NTLM SSP Based (including secure RPC) Clients
- Change the setting from "require 128 bit" to unchecked (No Minimum) and Click OK
Categories: Windows 7