SLES 10.2 under Hyper-V
SMP is not supported in Linux VM’s at this time with the IC’s loaded. If the IC’s aren’t loaded, then SMP works, albeit with lower I/O performance. Linux VM’s without IC’s are not supported by Microsoft.
You will find that attempting to boot the VM in SMP mode with IC’s loaded you will get the following;
VMBUS: SynIC version: 1
Moving forward, MS have identified the fix and will fix it in a future release. To fix the issue, you need to compile your own 2.6.32 kernel and apply a patch to make the IC’s SMP safe. At this time, the SMP fix is not publically available.
- Migrating ACD from US to EU – CloudHQ to the rescue!
- DsReplicaGetInfo() failed with status 8453 (0x2105)
- VMware, UAG, DirectAccess pt2
- Script to automatically assign Archive users to a retention policy
- Retention Policies not applying? Update them then!
- Powershell Command to find component version for Lync and OCS
- Exchange 2010 RU4 v2 now live
- Unable to Seed Database copy–Exchange 2010
- RU4 for Exchange 2010 SP1 removed…
- Problems authenticating to ActiveSync? Don’t be an Admin then!