Hosts “not responding” after joining Virtual Centre to Active Directory
Had a bit of a scary moment today – joined the Virtual Centre server to an AD so I could install backup technologies onto it.
All went fine aside from when I opened the vShpere client – all my hosts were marked as “not responding”.
Re-connected the hosts (as it can be seen above) – and the hosts popped back in and then back out again. Hmm not good!
Checked DNS, all right as far as I can see. Checked time sync, all right again.
Rather bricked myself, so off I went uninstalling the Virtual Centre server and reinstalling (using the existing DB) and voila! all is good.
In short, if you do have to join your Virtual Centre to AD, do it before you put Virtual Centre on it or reinstall afterwards!