Unable to close MMC – You must close all dialog boxes before you can close
Long time no see y’all – been a bit quiet but am back with another bug from Microsoft;
When attempting to close MMC (Active Directory Users and Computers or the Exchange Management Console for example) on a Windows 2008 R2 server with Internet Explorer 9 installed you get the following error;
For the sake of our friend Google (as I’m not using my normal software to fill out the “blanks”) – thats “You must close all dialog boxes before you can close Exchange Management Console”
There is an interesting thread on the Technet forums that has been going some time;
It looks to affect Windows 7 also – so it must be the “7” suite of OS’s (i.e Windows 6.1).
The “work-around” at this moment is to uninstall IE9 – which is fine on your server (and not so fine on your Desktop). Some users have reported that disabling Enhanced Security for IE is a temporary fix (along with adding http://localhost and https://localhost to the Trusted sites), though I don’t see how this would work with Windows 7.
Official line from MS at this moment is “Sorry, we are working on it”.
Funnily enough it only seems to happen when certain dialog boxes / panes are opened (see above Technet post) – so if you do get it just kil mmc.exe from the Task Manager 🙂
- Migrating ACD from US to EU – CloudHQ to the rescue!
- DsReplicaGetInfo() failed with status 8453 (0x2105)
- VMware, UAG, DirectAccess pt2
- Script to automatically assign Archive users to a retention policy
- Retention Policies not applying? Update them then!
- Powershell Command to find component version for Lync and OCS
- Exchange 2010 RU4 v2 now live
- Unable to Seed Database copy–Exchange 2010
- RU4 for Exchange 2010 SP1 removed…
- Problems authenticating to ActiveSync? Don’t be an Admin then!