Outlook Anywhere not working in Exchange 2010 SP1?
Had the following a few times now – Outlook Anywhere not working for Exchange 2010 SP1 when the Authentication method is set to Negotiate.
Event logs show the following;
Process ID: 5200
Process name: w3wp.exe
Account name: IIS APPPOOL\DefaultAppPool
Exception type: ConfigurationErrorsException
Exception message: Could not load file or assembly ‘WindowsLiveID, Version=0.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=283dd9fa4b2406c5’ or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified.
In short, change from Negotiate to NTLM as Negotiate introduces the WindowsLiveID provider, and this causes Outlook to fail authentication (in short).
If NTLM is already enabled (or Basic) then make sure that the WindowsLiveID provider isn’t being inherited (look in IIS Manager under /RCP in the “Modules” bit
- Migrating ACD from US to EU – CloudHQ to the rescue!
- DsReplicaGetInfo() failed with status 8453 (0x2105)
- VMware, UAG, DirectAccess pt2
- Script to automatically assign Archive users to a retention policy
- Retention Policies not applying? Update them then!
- Powershell Command to find component version for Lync and OCS
- Exchange 2010 RU4 v2 now live
- Unable to Seed Database copy–Exchange 2010
- RU4 for Exchange 2010 SP1 removed…
- Problems authenticating to ActiveSync? Don’t be an Admin then!